Thursday, January 3, 2008

Boston Triple Crown?





It's time for a little sports wrap-up of my favorite teams, which all hail from Beantown! Is it possible that Boston will have 3 championships? I think so, at least that's what the numbers say. I know the whole spy gate controversy was a total damper on my Pats, but just look at the results! Let me just give you some stats so you can be on the same page even if you're not a die hard sports fan like myself. Tom Brady sets a record 50 touchdown passes, the franchise sets a record of 75 touchdowns in a single season, and 589 points for the year, which is a NFL record. The end result is 16-0! Did I mention one of the main reasons for their success? Randy Moss has calmed down and matured so much as a player. He caught a record 23 touchdown passes from the Stetson model. It's the first time that a team has went undefeated in a 16 game season. The '72 Miami Dolphins were 14-0 and then won the Super Bowl! Basically, New England is the clear favorite to win the big one.

Now on to the big three in green. Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are averaging 59.5 points this season. We've just reached the 30 game mark and they're dominating the East and West. The team's record is 27-3! The question is, can the big three stay healthy enough to keep it going? I think what Boston has this season is remarkable, they have so many bench players that piece it all together. Eddie House is a journeyman in the league, but his outside shooting has brought him much success with the team. Boston has so many outside shooters: Ray Allen 38%, Pierce 40%, Rondo 33%, House 44%, Tony Allen 44%, Posey 40%, Pruitt 33%, Scalabrine 30%, need I say more!!! The Celtics are a well oiled machine and until the wheels fall off they're on their way to the promise land.

I can only hope that the Pats and Celts can follow in the footsteps of my beloved Red Sox and bring the triple crown to Beantown. There's still 50 games left in the NBA regular season and the Patriots have a bi-week before they start their run for the trophy. Only the strong survive and in the words of my boss man, Lets go Redtriotics!!!



icon
icon


icon
icon


icon
icon

1 comment:

Jim's Words Music and Science said...

Well, the Patriots are not bad at all (to say the least), and the Celtics have suddenly become excellent, so I think the chances are very good for the triple. Being a Boston fan from the early 80's, when I lived there, it has been quite something to see the Pats become so professional at all levels of the organization and to watch the Sox win and win and never stop. Now that the Celtics are back in form, who could ask for more? Great post! Jim