Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bowie Donates Money to the Jena 6 Defense Fund




Rocker and husband of supermodel Iman has donated 10,000 dollars to the Jena 6 Defense Fund. "There is clearly a separate and unequal judicial process going on in the town of Jena," Bowie said Tuesday in an e-mail statement. "A donation to the Jena Six Legal Defense Fund is my small gesture indicating my belief that a wrongful charge and sentence should be prevented." This story has caused nationwide coverage and a protest was held today in the small town. Please take time out of your day to read this story. Also, the students were defending themselves! In court documents, the weapon of choice for the assault was a TENNIS SHOE! Rev. Jesse Jackson has criticized Obama for not being more pressing in the case. He feels that all the Democratic candidates should be all over this story and really fighting for equality. I don't disagree with the Reverend, but at the same time Obama has made it very clear his position in the matter. We have to remember that when running for the " big" seat of the White House, you must take on multiple issues. You can ask anyone and they will tell you that I love all races until they come at me wrong! It doesn't matter what color you are, I don't tolerate disrespect! However, I am a realist and statistics don't lie. So if you want the stats here is the link. I will keep you posted on the outcome of this sad story.

No comments: