Monday, October 1, 2007

Surrogate Mother....Grandmother????


Due to the current events in my personal life, I have been a little...lot distracted but this morning when I got to work and saw this story, I was unable to resist writing.

Due to four years of failed pregnancies, Claudia Michelle de Brito decided to find a surrogate mother. And indeed that she found in her 51-year old mother who gave birth to twins in Brazil this weekend. De Brito is an only child and none of her cousins volunteered, so Serrao (her mother) agreed to receive four embryos from her daughter. I mean from a scientific standpoint this is genetically ok because all the predispositions that the mother (grandmother-birth mother) has the daughter will have also (assuming that she is definitely her child LOL!) But I am not quite sure how I would feel if my mother gave birth to my children...just seems kind of creepy to me. Well at least the twins are healthy and are at home with family, I wish them all the best in life.

No comments: