Sunday, August 12, 2007

Liquids are Allowed on Flights in Small Amounts

By Alex Wong, Getty Images

The airlines are getting a little more lax on what you can take on a plane. Breast milk and juice are allowed in large quantities, but must be inspected at the security checkpoint. I don't know how to feel about this. I've traveled a few times since the liquid ban and I felt a little more safer. I got to the airport a couple of hours early and was able to transition quite well through the airport. I do live in the 4th largest city in the country, so Bush Intercontinental airport stays pretty busy. The terrorists are very intelligent and they follow our security issues very closely, it's how they determine how to move forward with their plans. After the failed tests at La Guardia airport, I don't think the country is ready to become a little more lenient. I think the American public can appreciate their safety more than a few extra minutes at the checkpoints. I mean can't you get toothpaste and shampoo when you get to your destination? The holiday season is upon us and we tend to get very comfortable and make plans on which house is the best for the stuffed turkey and sweet potato pie! I'm just saying that the regulations need to stay firm on all points, just my opinion.

No comments: