Friday, June 22, 2007

June 25-July 8







It's that time of year folks! Wimbledon is finally here and I can't wait for the late night and early morning excitement. If you are a fan, then you know that this Grand Slam has it all. Roger Federer (1), the four- time defending champ has pulled a fairly easy draw. Now, he's definitely king on the grass, but clay not so much. He's coming to England after loosing to Nadal (2) in the French Open. So expect him to come out with a bang! Roddick (2) won the ATP Tour Stella Artois Championship in London, England. His last two visits to the All England Club haven't been in his favor, lets hope he can use his win as motivation to go further than the 1st round. I expect Rafael Nadal (2) and James Blake (9) to be in the thick of things. Although, Nadal tends to struggle on grass, his confidence should help him to move forward. James Blake (9) is a total inspiration, everything he's gone through over the last 2 years has just been horrible and I couldn't imagine having to compete and focus on your goals on winning. So, I'm definitely pulling for him.
The Williams sisters are back! Serena (7), is definitely a force to be reckoned with, but don't forget about sis Venus (23). She seems healthy again, so I look for her to go deep in to the championships as well. Ms. Canon (2), if she can hold serve will go deep as the rounds go on. The new number 1, Justin Henin will be very confident in her pursuit to the major.
My hands are killing me, so I guess that ends my review. I just hope to see a lot of upsets and great long matches, where it comes down to tiebreakers. I'm so excited and you know the rest...
Rankings here

No comments: