Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Long Season for Vick



Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was indicted Tuesday by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting. Vick and three others are charged with competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines. Well, I think we all knew this was coming. I was watching on draft day when he spoke with an anchor from ESPN, Vick said he needed to change his association with certain people and stay focused on things that are true to his heart, such as family. I could see if this was his first offense, although it's inexcusable, but he's been in trouble ever since he got there. The picture of him on myspace smoking a cigar with an illegal substance, was to much for me. Why are these athletes behaving in such an immature way? I think the NFl really needs to do an extensive criminal, personal, and psychological background check. Some of them shouldn't be in the league, seriously! I know it's marketing and big money, but in the end it only hurts your franchise. Nobody is going to be perfect, but there's been to many chances handed out to these players that are making an insane amount of money. Vick needs to be suspended for the first 10 games and if he's cleared on all charges, which I doubt, then let him back in with restricted open arms!!

No comments: