Monday, July 30, 2007

R.I.P. Marvin Zindler

I know that a lot of people who read this blog aren't Houstonians, but I have to recognize one of the pioneers of our news. Marvin Zindler was diagnosed with inoperable Pancreatic cancer in July. Marvin was a very happy and eccentric man that was alive in the community, he loved helping kids and being an active citizen. He made the nightly news very entertaining with his " slime in the ice machine segments", which was quite informative. My grandmother met him at the Shriner's Burn Institute in Galveston, TX and said he was one of the most gracious and respectful men she had ever met. So thank you Marvin for your tireless efforts in the community and your genuine ability to keep us entertained! My condolences go out to the family and may you have peace through this tough time.

No comments: