Thursday, July 5, 2007

Disappointed Again

I was going to wait until sunrise to write this review, but I might as well get it over with. First of all, great job on the special effects. It looked like the humans were really standing next to the robots, unlike the Hulk movie! Now that I've complimented the movie, let me get to the other stuff. I wasn't pleased at the beginning, middle, and end. I felt like leaving half- way through, but of course my son was with me so I just slowly laid my head to the side and went to sleep for a good 30 min. I expected the movie to be a little more kid- friendly. I definitely wouldn't suggest any child under 13. They talk about masturbating and other inappropriate content. It was better than Fantastic Bore, but still borderline yawn. I'm getting sleepy just writing this. Maybe I'm just a little old-fashioned, but kids are just growing up to fast. I understand that technology is off the charts and so new things are discovered, but damn can we hold on to some child-like things? The only time that all the characters get together was at the end, so it felt like I was watching two different movies. Tyrese and them were extras from Independence Day, seriously! Michael Bay was trying to stick to much into a two and a half hour movie, it was really all over the place. I've waited for this movie since last year, only to be totally disappointed. I really like this guy, Shia LaBeoulf! He's a great all-around actor, actually he helped me get through the movie with his comedic dialogue. He'll be starring in Indiana Jones IV in 2008. Well, that's a short review, if I think of anything else to say then I will edit and re-post. Until then, take care of you!

1 comment:

DrCoyle32 said...

As a child of the 80's I was looking forward to this live-action film about one of my favorite cartoons. Well, that time ended on July 2, 2007. The film started out alil weird but I wanted to give Michael Bay the benefit of the doubt. I must say that I was disappointed in the fact that they didn't show how the Transformers got to earth, like in the G1 cartoons. Furthermore, there was too much human element in this film. It was a war between Autobots and Decepticons correct? Now, I didn't mind the scenery (Megan Fox) AT ALL!! I just think that they should have used some of the original cars not this 2 hr General Motors advertisement. Overall, I would give the film a B-. The special effects kept me from dropping it to a C.